This is a very healthy and nutritive dish as it requires very less oil and eggplant is full of fiber and multiple vitamins. This can be consumed both as a snack and with main course.
- Eggplants medium size 2
- For Mustard Sauce:
- Yellow Mustard Seeds 2 tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds [Methi] 1/4 tsp
- Garlic 10-15 thick cloves
- Dried red chillies 3-4 [or as per taste]
- White Vinegar 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil/ Vegetable oil 1 tbsp
- Wash and cut eggplants into slices. Grind all the ingredients of mustard sauce together . Add little water if the mix is too thick.
- Coat mustard sauce well on both sides of the slices and in a microwave safe dish sprinkle little bit of olive oil put all the slices one after other.
- Keep the dish inside microwave for 10 min on grill mode. Then flip the slices and cook 2-3 min. Serve with your favorite mayonnaise dip or with chapati or bread.
- This can also be made in a grill pan. Check time accordingly.
- Fenugreek powder can be avoided as i have added it because it increase digestion.