Sesame & Jaggery balls are eaten all over the country during this festival season because it faals in winters & both these things keep your body warm. Here is a simple & healthy version of it.
- Seasme seeds 100gm
- Grated Jaggery 50-75 gm
- Cardomom Powder 1/4 tsp
- Grated Coconut 1tbsp
- Mellon seeds/ Chopped Cashews 1 tbsp
- Wash & sun dry seasme seeds for one hour. If there is no sun then spred it on a muslin cloth & keep it inside with your fan switched on. It will be dried in 1 hr. Remember it should be completly dry before making balls.
- Dry roast seasme seeds on a girdle for 5 min. Stir in between. You will get to feel a nice aroma. Switch off the gas. Take the seeds in another dish & let them cool.
- After that grind seeds to a coarse powder & then add grated jaggery & cardomom powder & grind again. Take this mix in a bowl & add coconut & melon seeds/ cashews. Make balls of desired size out of this mix. Let the baals settel for 1 hour
- & they are good to eat. They can be consuned till 7-10 days . No refrigeration is required.
- Use grated jaggery only so that there should not be any lumps which stay there even after grinding if you don’t use grated one
- There is no oil / ghee needed because upon grinding til leaves lot of its oil which helps in binding.