Traditionally this dish is made with flattened rice[pohe] but when I tried this with puffed rice [murmure] I found it better as it is very soft and quickly melts in mouth. Try this to make a difference in your age old recipe.
- Murmure 2 cups
- Green Peas 1/4 cup
- Peanuts 2 tbsp
- Potato medium size 1
- Onion sliced lengthwise medium size 2
- Tomato Finally chopped 1
- Ginger Finally Chopped 1/2 tsp
- Green Chilli Finally chopped as per taste
- Curry Leaves 20-25
- Black Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Vegetable Oil 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
- Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp
- Dry roast peanuts. Heat a wok .Put vegetable oil and add mustard seeds with curry leaves. Once they stop crackling add chili and ginger . Cook for 1 min and add onions. Cook until onions are golden brown.
- Now add tomato, peas, potato & peanut. Put some salt along with turmeric powder & cook covered untill potatoes and peas are done. Stir occasionally.
- Take puffed rice in a sieve and wash just for 30 sec in running water taking care that it should not become mushy . Add it immediately to the sauce cooked in step 2. Cook on a high flame for 2-3 min. Stir in between and it is done. Serve hot.
- Adjust salt after adding murmure to sauce.
- You can add more vegetables of your choice like carrot and cauliflower