I often cook these non fussy & easy to make kababs at home. Just steam & grind the ingredients together , rest the mix for 2 hours & it is good to cook. I luv the minty & spicy flavor.
- Minced Meat 1/2 kg
- Husked split Bengal Gram/ Chana Dal 5 tbsp
- Green Cardomoms[choti elaichi] 4
- Black Cardomom[badi elaichi] 2
- Cinemon Stick[dalchini] 2 inch
- White Pepper Corns 15-20
- Caraway Seeds[shah jeera] 1/2 tsp
- Cloves[lavang] 4
- Bay Leaves[tej patta] 2
- Garlic 12-15 Cloves
- Ginger About 1 inche long
- Fresh Mint Leaves 1 cup
- Egg 1 [optional]
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable Oil 2 tbsp
- Onion Finally Chopped 2 tbsp[optional]
- Ginger Finally Chopped 1 tsp[optional]
- Green Chili Finally Chopped [as per taste]
Soak chana dal for 30 min. In a pressure cooker put minced meat soaked dal, all the whole spices, 1 inch ginger garlic & salt & cook with 1 cup of water. Cook on high flame until first whistle & then on medium flame till two more whistles.
Switch off gas. Let it rest until the pressure is released. Open the lid & let the mix cool. Now grind this mix to a fine paste. Take it in bowl & mix mint leaves, chopped onion ginger green chili. Break egg directly into the mixture.Mix well
Keep it in refrigerator for 2 hrs. Heat a tawa/non stick pan . Add little oil. Make small patties of mix by rubbing some oil in your hands & put on hot tawa. cook for 2 min on meedium flame from one side , flip & cook for another 1-2 min
Serve hot with minty curd dip.
- Egg is good for binding however if you don’t add it the binding purpose will be solved by chana dal.
- Add water carefully because meat will leave its own water as well & we don’t want our mix too wet.
- After 2 hrs of refrigeration you should be able to make nice paties with your mix. If you cannot keep it in frig for some more time