This is the most loved dish cooked by me in my home. I almost cook it every weekend because apart from taste it is nutritious too. Here is a white sauce recipe with pasta but this sauce can also be used as a dressing for salad or soups.
- For White Sauce:
- Courflour 2 tsp
- Lukewarm Milk 1 cup
- Butter 1 tbsp
- Cheese 4 slices/6-8 cubes/grated 4 tbsp
- Mayonese 3-4 tbsp
- Mixed herbs 1tsp
- Oregano 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Crushed Black Pepper 1/2 tsp
- For Pasta: Pasta Penne / Fusilli 250 gm
- Chopped Vegetables of your choice [ bell peppers, brocoli,carrot , beans etc]
- Ginger [finally chopped1/2 tsp (optional)
- Green chilies Finally Chopped(optional)
- Garlic [finally chopped] 1/2tsp (optional)
- Onions long sliced 2 tbsp
- Olive oil/ Vegetable oil 1 tbsp
- Water 1 l
- First of all boil water with salt and in boiling water add pasta of your choice. Cooking time is mentioned on most pasta packs.Here I am using Bambino penne pasta which I have cooked covered for 10 min and on medium flame.
- Drain pasta and save some of the boiled water to be used in sauce. While your pasta was cooking in another pan u can cook your vegetables with onions ginger garlic & salt in olive oil. I like vegetables slightly cooked but you can keep them crunchy.
- Heat a pan melt butter. Dissolve cornflour in milk & add to melted butter. Cook for 1 min & add all other sauce ingredients one by one . Keep stirring to avoid formation of lumps. keep cooking on slow flame. Add boiled pasta water for consistency.
- Mix boiled pasta into vegetables.Stir gently.Add cooked sauce to it and again stir gently. Switch off the gas and serve hot
- Taste salt when you are mixing everything.
- This sauce thickens quckly upon cooling so keep it little thin when cook and eat your pasta when it is still warm.