Kundru is a widely available vegetable and is sold all 365 days in many parts of India. This can be cooked in many ways. One of the ways is to stuff it. Here I am sharing a zero oil stuffed kundru recipe.
- Kundru 8-10
- Fennel seeds[Sauf] 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds[Sarson] 1tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds [Methi] 1/4 tsp
- Onion Seeds 1/4 tsp
- Cumin Seeds 1/2 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder 1tbsp
- Salt to taste.
- Onion Paste 1tbsp
- Ginger.Garlic & Chilli Paste 2tbsp
- Asafoetida a 1/4 tsp
- Dry roast all the above mentioned spices except mango powder & salt. Ground them to a coarse powder. In a bowl take this powder add onion and chili garlic & ginger paste . Add salt and mango powder. Mix well and keep it aside for 30 min.
- The mix will become little thick . If not keep it for some more time. It should not be of pouring consistency.
- Slit kundrus lengthwise so that it remains attached from both ends and make a cavity to fill the mixture prepared above. Stuff all of them with this mixture.
- Now in a pressure cooker add 1/2 cup water and place stuffed kundrus one by one inside this with slitted part in upward direction. Water should not top the vegetable. Place the lid with its weight on. Cook on slowest flame for 8-10 min.
- There will not be any high whistle. Increase the quantity of water upto 1 cup if your vegetable is thick and big in size. Serve with roti or paratha
- If u don’t want it in a zero oil way you can cook same stuffed vegetable in 2 tbsp oil in a wok . Cook covered for 6-8 min and flip. Cook on the other side for 3-4 min.