Broken wheat or daliya is a popular cereal in north India and is consumed in both sweet and salt flavor. Here I am mixing it with vegetables of my choice but you use any variation.
- Broken Wheat 1 cup
- Onions long sliced 2 tbsp
- Red/Green/Yellow bell peppers 2tbsp
- Carrot chopped 2 tbsp
- Beatroot chopped 2tbs
- Cabbage chopped 2tbsp
- Cumin Seeds : 1/2 tsp
- Vegetable oil 1tsp
- Ginger [finally chopped] 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Soak wheat for 30 min. Heat a wok. Add vegetable oil and cumin seeds. You can add a pinch of asafoetida as well if you want. Add rest of the vegetables along with onion chilli and ginger.Cook covered for 5-7 min.
- Add soaked wheat.mix it well cook for 2 min. Add a cup of water . Cook covered for another 7-8 min. Stir occasionally. If your wheat is too thick increase the quantity of water.Serve hot with roasted papad.
- You can add corn, green peas and mushrooms as well
- The amount of water while cooking should top the wheat