Come winters and the market is flooded with lot of green vegetables. However an exception to this is freshly grown baby potato which is valued for its flavor This simple and spicy recipe will enhance its inherent flavor.
- New small potatoes 6-8
- Rice Floor 1 tbsp
- Ginger.Garlic & Chilli Paste 2tbsp
- Onion Paste 1tbsp
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Coriander Powder 1tsp
- Garam Masala Powder 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder as per taste
- Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste.
- Cumin Seeds 1/4 tsp
- Mustard oil 2tbsp
- Peel and par boil potatoes. In a bowl take rice powder and to this add ginger garlic chilli paste , spices and salt.Add little water to form a paste if it is too dry. Don’t add cumin seeds and oil here. Marinate Potatoes in this mixture.
- Heat a wok. Heat oil. Add Cumin seeds. Now put your potato mix in it. Cook on a high flame for 2 min. Then slow down the flame and cook for 5-6 min. Stir carefully in between. Flip and cook on other side as well till crisp.Serve hot .
- Cook on slow flame to avoid burning of spicy marinate.