I like it alot because this can be made without much hassle and also with few ingredients and still it is called shahi. So go for Desi Desert this Republic Day…
- Bread 5-6 slices
- Sugar 1 cup
- Green Cardomom Powder : 1/4 tsp
- Water 1 cup
- Vegetable Oil 6-8 tbsp For deep frying
- Coconut powder 2 tbsp
- Kevra / rose essence few drops
- In a heavy bottom pan take sugar , water and cardamom powder and cook on slow flame for about 7-8 min. If you drop this mixture from some height you should see a fine single thread.The sugar syrup is ready. Add kevra or rose essence
- Cut bread slices in triangle shape or any shape you like. Deep fry . And dip into the sugar syrup.
- After one min take the toast out of sugar syrup , keep it on a dish and garnish with coconut powder.
- You can add cashew / almond/ pistachio powder in garnish along with coconut powder