Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. If you eat properly in the morning you stay energetic through out the day. Most of us love quick breakfast but it makes us hungry very soon & if we are working we get distracted.So this is an elaborated breakfast recipe which keeps you full for long & it is very healthy because it made use of jowar & flex seeds , curd & fresh green leafy vegetables.
- Jowar Flour 3/4 cup
- Gram Flour 1/4 cup
- Flex Seeds Powder 1 tbsp
- Spring Onions 250gm
- Spinach 100gm
- Garlic Finally chopped 1/4 tbsp
- Green Chili Finally Chopped [as per taste]
- Tomatoes Finally Chopped 2tbsp
- Curd 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Cumin Powder 1tsp
- FOR ROTI : Mix jowar flour gram flour & flex powder & kead it with warm water. Make a smooth dough. Keep it aside for 15 min. Take a lemon size ball & roll it upto 6-7 cm diameter.You should not apply to much force to roll this roti.
- Cook this roti on a hot tawa on medium flame for 30 sec & flip it over. Cook for 1 min on other side. Now cook directly on flame from both sides & your roti is ready.
- FOR SABZI: Wash & roughly chop spring onions & spinach.Heat a thick bottomed wok [Aluminum wok] & add chopped garlic & green chili to it. Saute for one min on slow flame & add chopped green leaves & tomatoes to it.
- Add salt. Mix well . Cook covered on medium flame for 15 min. Stir in between. The sabzi will cook in its own water. The water should be completely dried before switching off the gas.
- FOR CURD : Whisk curd. Add cumin powder , salt & mint or coriander leaves. Serve with roti & sabzi
- Flex seeds powder is very healthy & easily available in super markets. If you don’t get powder you can grind whole seeds at home. You can also substitue this with chia seeds .
- You can use any leafy vegetables & cook similar way
- If you want you can apply clarified buter / ghee to your roti
- Consume these roties when they are still warm as it tends to dry if kept for long.