Potato Pancakes are shallow fried pan cakes made of grated potatoes. Traditionally it is made with eggs but here I am serving it with an egg replacement which is Tapioca Flour which gives it a nice & crispy texture ….try this
- Potatoes 2-3 medium size
- Tapioca Flour 2 tbsp
- Ground black pepper 1/2 tsp
- Mixed Herbs 1/2 tsp
- Chili Flakes 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable Oil 1 tbsp
- Peel & grate potatoes in water. Preferably cold water. Keep it aside for 30 min. The potatoes will leave its starch in water. If u want to keep the starch carefully s
train & discard the water . This way grated potatoes will be collected in strainer
- The container in which we have originally grated the potatoes will be left with potato starch.Now thoroughly wash grated water under running water. If you don’t want starch after 30 min of soaking grated potatoes wash them thoroughly.
- After washing remove all extra water from potatoes. Add leftover starch,tapioca flour, salt,pepper,chili flakes & herbs to this potato. Mix well.
- Now heat a pan . Add vegetable oil. Make small cakes on your palm with little mix & put it on pan. Cook for 7-8 min one side on slow & medium flame as it is raw potato. Flip & cook for another 7-8 min.
- Your crispy potato pan cakes are ready.Serve with sour cream.
- This can be made during fast/upvas . Use dried mint leaves & cumin powder in place of mixed herbs.
- You can also add parmesan cheese for a better taste but i wanted to keep it simple so i haven’t.
- If you don’t get tapioca flour in market make it at home. Wash & immediately put tapioca pearls under the sun. Grind when it is dry. It takes little time to become a fine powder. So ground 2-3 times.
- I suggest you make it with new potatoes because it cooks faster & taste better