As summer is already at its boom in Hyderabad watermelon is started showing up in every other lane. So to welcome summers I prepared this wonderful smoothie by mixing this super-cool fruit with chia seeds & pomegranate to increase its nutritive value.We all are aware of the benefits of pomegranate but for chia seeds I must say it is the most nutritious food known till today. It is loaded with fibers,proteins & omega 3 fatty acids. So take advantage of this super-food & enjoy this chilled on a hot summer morning or at room temperature on a not so hot morning. This keeps you fresh & rejuvenated for long hours…
- Water melon Cubes 2 cups
- Pomegranate Medium size 1
- Chia Seeds 2tsp
- Honey to taste [optional]
- Grated Ginger 1/2 tsp
- Ground black pepper 1/4 tsp
- Blend everything together. I have not taken off melon seeds & used pomegranate seeds. If you don’t like solids in your smoothie strain it. Alternatively you can take melon seeds off & use pomegranate juice. But using seeds add fiber to your drink.
- Add crushed ice. I prefer it at room temperature.
- When using seeds you have to blend it 2-3 times.
- Consume immediately because Chia seeds starts thickening your smoothie
- Strain before adding chia seeds else you will take this nutrition pack off your drink