This is a very healthy protein packed breakfast recipe from South India.Sundal is usually made with dried & home cooked or canned beans like chick peas[Chole] , kidney beans[Rajma],Black eyed beans[Lobia] etc.Here I am using green beans which is used to make Poriyal & raw peanuts which is used in Sundal so it is a combination of Poriyal & Sundal…Try this protein packed stomach full of breakfast..
- Cow Peas[Lobia Phali] : 10-12
- French Beans : 10-12
- Cluster Beans [Gawar Phali]: 10-12
- Raw Peanuts : 1/2 cup
- Grated Fresh Coconut : 1/2 cup
- Ginger Finally Chopped : 1/2 tsp
- Green Chili Finally Chopped [As per Taste]
- Curry Leaves: 10-12
- Black Mustard Seeds : 1/4 tsp
- Vegetable oil 2tsp
- Turmeric : 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida: A pinch
- Lemon Juice [ optional] : 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chopped Green Corriander [optional] : 1-2 tbsp
Chop all the beans into 1/2 inch pieces.Cook them with 1/2 cup of water in a pressure cooker until one whistle.Let the pressure cooker cool.Boil peanuts seperately with 1/2 cup of water in a pan or just fry them with one tsp oil on a tawa or griddle.
While the beans & peanuts are done heat a wok. Add oil to it. Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds & asafoetida. Let it splutter & add then add green chilies , ginger & curry leaves.Cook for 1 min & add grated coconut along with turmeric.Cook for 5-6 min & stir inbetween.
Now add boiled beans & peanuts to it.Mix well.Add salt & lemon juice. Cook again for 4-5 min. Serve hot. You can garnish it with green coriander.
- You can use beans of your choice.
- Cook on medium/slow flame as we are using less oil.