Kalonji is name for stuffed vegetables in the state of Uttar Pradesh specially west part of it. Kalonji masala is a roasted spice powder that can be mixed with some other spices or can be used as it is to fill in various vegetables like okra[bhindi], bitter gourd[karela] , pointed gourd[parwal],egg-plants[baingan], potato[aloo] etc. This masala can also be sprinkled over while cooking chopped okra. pumpkin or potato. So lets make it…
- Fennel Seeds[Sauf]: 50gm
- Fenugreek Seeds[Methi]: 25gm
- Black Mustard Seeds[Sarson]:25gm
- Nigella Seeds[Kalongi]:25gm
- Cumin Seeds[jeera]:25gm
- Dry Mango Powder[Amchoor]: As per Taste
- Dry roast everything one by one leaving amchoor powder. Now grind everything together . Mix amchoor when it cools down & store it in an airtight container.
- HOW TO USE: Make ginger garlic & onion paste with very less water. Add this spice powder , red chili powder ,salt & mustard oil to it. Mix well. Keep it aside for 1-2 hrs so that all water gets absorbed in the spices.
- Now stuff it into your favorite vegetable.
- This can be kept at room temperature for 3-4 months in an airtight container
- Keep it in a dry place