This is a chutney for everyday use & can be relished with anything from dal chawal to dosas to chips… nachos… & will add nutritional value to your food too as it is made of greens & dal[lentil].Let’s make it…
- Split Bengal Gram / Chana Dal 2 tbsp
- Fresh Coriander leaves a bunch
- Fresh mint Leaves 2tbsp
- Green Chillies to taste
- Ginger 1/2 inch
- salt to taste
- Lemon juice 1/2-1 tbsp [as per taste]
- Mustard Oil 2tbsp
- Wash & soak Chana dal for 1 hr.
- Now grind it with all the ingredients mentioned above along with mustard oil. Add little water if required & its done..
- This can be kept in refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- If you don’t like the pungent flavor of mustard oil just grind it with water & consume on the same day.
Ragi or finger millet is one of the most nutritious and healthy cereals loaded with calcium, proteins, iron and other minerals .When consumed as a chila that too with buttermilk it makes a great weight reduction recipe.Little bit of onions, ginger & chili adds flavor to this wonderful chila. Try this...
- Ragi flour: 1 cup
- Rice Flour/Samolina : 2 tbsp
- Butter Milk : 2 cups [ to make a batter of ragi flour]
- Onions Finally Chopped : 3-4 tbsp
- Green Chili Finally Chopped : As per taste
- Ginger Finally Chopped : 1/4 tsp
- Salt : As Per Taste
- Vegetable Oil: For Cooking
- Mix buttermilk in ragi flour slowly & whisk thoroughly using a whisker. Now add rice flour/ semolina & again mix it thoroughly. There should not be any lumps formed.The batter should not be too thin or thick. It should be of pouring consistency.
- Add chopped onions,ginger , chili & salt to the batter. Keep it aside for 30 min. The batter will acquire all the flavor.
- Heat a non stick pan or griddle. Once again mix everything well .Sprinkle 1 tsp of vegetable oil . Spread batter in round shape like chila on pan.Cook for 3 min & also sprinkle few drops of oil on chila.
- Now turn it upside down. Cook on the other side for 2-3 min & its done.
- Serve hot with you favorite chutney or sauce.
- Pan or Griddle shpuld be properly heated or else chila will stick on it & break while turning sides.
- If you are using a regular tawa then apply oil generously for first chila.
- The given quantity is sufficient for making 5-6 chilas.
This is one of the healthiest option for breakfast , lunch & even for dinner.It is also very good if you are on a weight loss regime as both moong chilka dal & oats are great source of protein & fibre.So these chilas are worth giving a try.Here is the recipe:
- Moong Chilka Dal:1 cup
- Oats: 1/2 cup
- Ginger: 1 inch
- Green Chili: as per taste
- Cimin Seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida : 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable Oil : 1bsp
Soak moong dal for 2-3 hrs. now grind soaked dal in a grinder along with ginger , chili, cumin, asafoetida & salt.Keep the consistency little thin.
Now add oats to it. If u want you can powder oats first then add to it. If you are adding oats directly to it then mix well & keep the batter aside for 15 min. Add some water if the batter is too thick. Stir well. The batter should be of pouring consistency.
Heat a non stick pan or tawa.Sprinkle few drops of vegetable oil. Spread the batter on it in circular motion.Cook from both sides on medium flame for 2-3 min . Serve with your favorite Chutney or sauce.
- The given quantity will make 5-6 chilas.
- The batter should not be very thin else chillas will break while cooking.