This time when my husband went to buy the fish it was already late afternoon.The vendor was short of fish so he gave some fish eggs. Though mu husband was skeptical about buying this but the vendor insisted. This is how fish eggs made way to my kitchen . I remember one of my Aunt use to make pakodas[fritters] out of it.But I chose to make it more healthy way & it turned out really tasty.Here is my recipe….
- Fish Eggs : 250gm
- Rice Flour : 1 tbsp
- Gram Flour: 1tbsp
- Garlic Paste: 1tsp
- Ginger Finally Chopped: 1/4th tsp
- Green Chili Finally Chopped : As per taste
- Fresh Green Coriander: A handfull
- Chat Masala: 1tsp
- Lemon Juice:1tsp
- Vegetable Oil: 2-3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
Wash fish eggs . Remove them from the skin shell & wash them with water. You must use a very fine sieve to wash as they run away with water.
Now add all the above ingredients except vegetable oil into the eggs . Mix well.
Heat a nonstick pan or skillet . Sprinkle little vegetable oil on it. With the help of a spoon put little mix on skillet & spread it like a cutlet. You can make 4-5 together depending upon the size of your skillet.Cook from both sides for at least 3-4 min.
Serve hot with your favorite Chutney.
I often cook these non fussy & easy to make kababs at home. Just steam & grind the ingredients together , rest the mix for 2 hours & it is good to cook. I luv the minty & spicy flavor.
- Minced Meat 1/2 kg
- Husked split Bengal Gram/ Chana Dal 5 tbsp
- Green Cardomoms[choti elaichi] 4
- Black Cardomom[badi elaichi] 2
- Cinemon Stick[dalchini] 2 inch
- White Pepper Corns 15-20
- Caraway Seeds[shah jeera] 1/2 tsp
- Cloves[lavang] 4
- Bay Leaves[tej patta] 2
- Garlic 12-15 Cloves
- Ginger About 1 inche long
- Fresh Mint Leaves 1 cup
- Egg 1 [optional]
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable Oil 2 tbsp
- Onion Finally Chopped 2 tbsp[optional]
- Ginger Finally Chopped 1 tsp[optional]
- Green Chili Finally Chopped [as per taste]
Soak chana dal for 30 min. In a pressure cooker put minced meat soaked dal, all the whole spices, 1 inch ginger garlic & salt & cook with 1 cup of water. Cook on high flame until first whistle & then on medium flame till two more whistles.
Switch off gas. Let it rest until the pressure is released. Open the lid & let the mix cool. Now grind this mix to a fine paste. Take it in bowl & mix mint leaves, chopped onion ginger green chili. Break egg directly into the mixture.Mix well
Keep it in refrigerator for 2 hrs. Heat a tawa/non stick pan . Add little oil. Make small patties of mix by rubbing some oil in your hands & put on hot tawa. cook for 2 min on meedium flame from one side , flip & cook for another 1-2 min
Serve hot with minty curd dip.
- Egg is good for binding however if you don’t add it the binding purpose will be solved by chana dal.
- Add water carefully because meat will leave its own water as well & we don’t want our mix too wet.
- After 2 hrs of refrigeration you should be able to make nice paties with your mix. If you cannot keep it in frig for some more time