This is a chutney for everyday use & can be relished with anything from dal chawal to dosas to chips… nachos… & will add nutritional value to your food too as it is made of greens & dal[lentil].Let’s make it…
- Split Bengal Gram / Chana Dal 2 tbsp
- Fresh Coriander leaves a bunch
- Fresh mint Leaves 2tbsp
- Green Chillies to taste
- Ginger 1/2 inch
- salt to taste
- Lemon juice 1/2-1 tbsp [as per taste]
- Mustard Oil 2tbsp
- Wash & soak Chana dal for 1 hr.
- Now grind it with all the ingredients mentioned above along with mustard oil. Add little water if required & its done..
- This can be kept in refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- If you don’t like the pungent flavor of mustard oil just grind it with water & consume on the same day.
This is a simple & spicy dip usually served with Biryanis & Kababs in North India. However you can also use it as sides with any regular Indian meal.
Fresh Mint Leaves 1cup
Fresh Green Coriander 1/2 cup
Curd 1 cup
Cumin Seeds 1 tsp
Green Chilies [as per taste]
Ginger 1/2 inch
Onion 1 long thin sliced[optional]
Salt to Taste
Grind every thing together in a grinder. Adjust consistensy by adding little water if it is too thick. It should be of pouring consistensy.Add sliced onion. Serve with kabab, biryanis or tandoori chicken.
- This can also be used as a marinade for paneer or chicken tikka . For that it should be little thick.
- This can also be used as a sandwich spread . Just apply little butter on bread to avoid the soggyness in bread caused by this dip.
This recipe I have developed by chance.I bought grapes without tasting it and it was sour not at all eatable.I was thinking of using it in smoothie but the quantity was more and my grapes started softening.Suddenly I reminded of this apple jam which i usually make at home but never tried it with any other fruit. So I decided to try it this time and I am glad I did it…it turned out yummy..
- Black Grapes 250 gm
- Sugar 250gm
- Water 1 Glass approx [when you take sugar and water in a container water should top the sugar
- Honey 2 table spoon[optional]
- Lemon Juice 1tsp
- Wash and deseed grapes.Mix sugar and water in a pan cook over a slow flame while stirring continuously till the sugar has dissolved.Add grapes and continue cooking on slow flame stirring occasionally.
- When you cook grape peel starts separating. Mash them well with a spatula so that it mixes up in the jam.After 15 min the jam will start leaving the walls of container . Check the consistency it should be like bottled jams we get from market.
- Add honey and lemon juice. Mix it thoroughly and switch off the gas. Let it cool. Store it in a glass jar. It is good to eat for one month if kept outside the refrigerator.
- If refrigerated it is good to eat for 6 months.
- Always use a heavy bottom pan for this.
- Keep checking the consistensy because if cooked more it will be hard to use it as bread or roti spread.
- Always cook this on a slow flame.
- Try the same recipe with peeled green/red apples. It tastes awesome.
This is made of fresh red chillies and really add hotness to your taste buds. If you always look to add a tinch of tangyness and hotness to your otherwise simple meals …. this is for you…. njoy…
- Fresh Red Chilli 15- 20
- Garlic 2-3 Complete Bulbs
- Ginger About 2 inches long & little thick
- Muatard Powder 2 tbsp
- Dry Mango Powder 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil 2 tbsp
- Wash and towel dry your chillies . Also wash ginger and garlic and keep it under the sun for 30-40 min. The idea is there should not be any water in all three of them. Remove green stem & seeds of chili
- Now heat mustard oil till smoking point and let it cool. Meanwhile ground the three ingredients in step one into a coarse paste. Take it in a bowl. Add mustard powder, salt, mango powder & oil to it. Mix well. Store it in a sterilized glass jar.
- Serve it with roti paratha puri idli dosa dal-chawal pakodas any thing. This can even be served with momos. You can also use it as a pasta/pizza sauce along with mayonese/cheese. Mix this in boiled potatoes & have it as a side dish.
- If refrigerated it can be consumed till 1 month. Outside refrigerator it is good till 7-10 days
- Do definitely use spoon to transfer this form grinder to bowl or bottel
- Storage container must be dry