This recipe I have developed by chance.I bought grapes without tasting it and it was sour not at all eatable.I was thinking of using it in smoothie but the quantity was more and my grapes started softening.Suddenly I reminded of this apple jam which i usually make at home but never tried it with any other fruit. So I decided to try it this time and I am glad I did it…it turned out yummy..
- Black Grapes 250 gm
- Sugar 250gm
- Water 1 Glass approx [when you take sugar and water in a container water should top the sugar
- Honey 2 table spoon[optional]
- Lemon Juice 1tsp
- Wash and deseed grapes.Mix sugar and water in a pan cook over a slow flame while stirring continuously till the sugar has dissolved.Add grapes and continue cooking on slow flame stirring occasionally.
- When you cook grape peel starts separating. Mash them well with a spatula so that it mixes up in the jam.After 15 min the jam will start leaving the walls of container . Check the consistency it should be like bottled jams we get from market.
- Add honey and lemon juice. Mix it thoroughly and switch off the gas. Let it cool. Store it in a glass jar. It is good to eat for one month if kept outside the refrigerator.
- If refrigerated it is good to eat for 6 months.
- Always use a heavy bottom pan for this.
- Keep checking the consistensy because if cooked more it will be hard to use it as bread or roti spread.
- Always cook this on a slow flame.
- Try the same recipe with peeled green/red apples. It tastes awesome.