I like it alot because this can be made without much hassle and also with few ingredients and still it is called shahi. So go for Desi Desert this Republic Day…
- Bread 5-6 slices
- Sugar 1 cup
- Green Cardomom Powder : 1/4 tsp
- Water 1 cup
- Vegetable Oil 6-8 tbsp For deep frying
- Coconut powder 2 tbsp
- Kevra / rose essence few drops
- In a heavy bottom pan take sugar , water and cardamom powder and cook on slow flame for about 7-8 min. If you drop this mixture from some height you should see a fine single thread.The sugar syrup is ready. Add kevra or rose essence
- Cut bread slices in triangle shape or any shape you like. Deep fry . And dip into the sugar syrup.
- After one min take the toast out of sugar syrup , keep it on a dish and garnish with coconut powder.
- You can add cashew / almond/ pistachio powder in garnish along with coconut powder
Enjoy this simple yet delicious recipe. Its quick & easy.
Ingredients & Quantity
FOR GREEN CHUTNEY
- Fresh Coriander leaves a bunch
- Ginger 1/2 inch
- Green Chillies to taste
- Soaked gram dal 1 tbsp
- salt to taste
- Lemon juice 1/2-1 tbsp [as per taste]
- Brown/White Bread 6-8 slices
- Eggs 2-4
- Butter 2-3 tbsp
- Ground black pepper to sprinkle
- Grind all the ingredients of green chutney. Spread it on one side of all slices. Melt butter and toast these slices one by one from the side which you applied the chutney. Flip and toast the other side as well.
- Heat pan again. Apply butter.Break one egg directly on pan or girdle by carefully bringing your hands close to pan.Closer your hands to the pan better the shape of your poach will be. Serve with toast after sprinkling some black pepper and salt .
A sandwich is one of the most time saving tasty and healthy substitute to our meals.Specially this one is very simple needs little preparation and very good for those who are on a weight reduction regime.
- Brown bread slices 8
- Cucumber 1
- Black Pepper Powder 1/4 tsp
- Dry Mint Powder 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder 1/2 tsp
- Black Salt 1/4 tsp
- White salt to taste
- Grated Ginger 1/4 tsp
- Hung Curd 6 tbsp
- Grate cucumber and separate water.To the grated cucumber add hung curd and other spices mentioned above including ginger.Spread it on bread slices and consume immediately as it becomes soggy if kept aside for some time.
- This curd cucumber mix can also be used a dip for nachos
Home Style Budget Recipes