Chia seed is now a known super-food to all & mostly we use it in our daily breakfast cereals, smoothies, puddings or as sprinkles over salads . This time chia seeds are send to me by Go India Organic in association with Plattershare. I thought organic is some what desi concept & we Indians at some point of time used to produce organic food mainly. So I wanted to make something very Indian with this organic chia seed & i twisted my regular yogurt chutney by adding chia ,beetroot & lemon. Here is the recipe..
- Chia Seeds : 2 tbsp
- Beetroot : 1 medium size
- Mint Leaves : A handfull
- Yogurt : 4 tbsp
- Roasted Cumin Powder : 1 tsp
- Black Salt : 1 tsp
- Lemon A half : Deseeded & Chopped
- White Salt : As per Taste
- Green Chili : As per Taste
- Ginger : A half inch
- Boil beetroot in a pressure cooker with a cup of water. Let it cool , peel & roughly chop into small pieces. Now blend this with chia seeds & all other ingredients mentioned above . Your Chia Beetroot & Yogurt dip is ready.
- It tastes great with home made sun-dried potato chips.
- Chia seeds do not have its own taste . It acquires the taste of the food it is blend with.
- Drink lots of water when you consume chia seeds
As summer is already at its boom in Hyderabad watermelon is started showing up in every other lane. So to welcome summers I prepared this wonderful smoothie by mixing this super-cool fruit with chia seeds & pomegranate to increase its nutritive value.We all are aware of the benefits of pomegranate but for chia seeds I must say it is the most nutritious food known till today. It is loaded with fibers,proteins & omega 3 fatty acids. So take advantage of this super-food & enjoy this chilled on a hot summer morning or at room temperature on a not so hot morning. This keeps you fresh & rejuvenated for long hours…
- Water melon Cubes 2 cups
- Pomegranate Medium size 1
- Chia Seeds 2tsp
- Honey to taste [optional]
- Grated Ginger 1/2 tsp
- Ground black pepper 1/4 tsp
- Blend everything together. I have not taken off melon seeds & used pomegranate seeds. If you don’t like solids in your smoothie strain it. Alternatively you can take melon seeds off & use pomegranate juice. But using seeds add fiber to your drink.
- Add crushed ice. I prefer it at room temperature.
- When using seeds you have to blend it 2-3 times.
- Consume immediately because Chia seeds starts thickening your smoothie
- Strain before adding chia seeds else you will take this nutrition pack off your drink