Chia seed is now a known super-food to all & mostly we use it in our daily breakfast cereals, smoothies, puddings or as sprinkles over salads . This time chia seeds are send to me by Go India Organic in association with Plattershare. I thought organic is some what desi concept & we Indians at some point of time used to produce organic food mainly. So I wanted to make something very Indian with this organic chia seed & i twisted my regular yogurt chutney by adding chia ,beetroot & lemon. Here is the recipe..
- Chia Seeds : 2 tbsp
- Beetroot : 1 medium size
- Mint Leaves : A handfull
- Yogurt : 4 tbsp
- Roasted Cumin Powder : 1 tsp
- Black Salt : 1 tsp
- Lemon A half : Deseeded & Chopped
- White Salt : As per Taste
- Green Chili : As per Taste
- Ginger : A half inch
- Boil beetroot in a pressure cooker with a cup of water. Let it cool , peel & roughly chop into small pieces. Now blend this with chia seeds & all other ingredients mentioned above . Your Chia Beetroot & Yogurt dip is ready.
- It tastes great with home made sun-dried potato chips.
- Chia seeds do not have its own taste . It acquires the taste of the food it is blend with.
- Drink lots of water when you consume chia seeds
This is a chutney for everyday use & can be relished with anything from dal chawal to dosas to chips… nachos… & will add nutritional value to your food too as it is made of greens & dal[lentil].Let’s make it…
- Split Bengal Gram / Chana Dal 2 tbsp
- Fresh Coriander leaves a bunch
- Fresh mint Leaves 2tbsp
- Green Chillies to taste
- Ginger 1/2 inch
- salt to taste
- Lemon juice 1/2-1 tbsp [as per taste]
- Mustard Oil 2tbsp
- Wash & soak Chana dal for 1 hr.
- Now grind it with all the ingredients mentioned above along with mustard oil. Add little water if required & its done..
- This can be kept in refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- If you don’t like the pungent flavor of mustard oil just grind it with water & consume on the same day.
This is a simple & spicy dip usually served with Biryanis & Kababs in North India. However you can also use it as sides with any regular Indian meal.
Fresh Mint Leaves 1cup
Fresh Green Coriander 1/2 cup
Curd 1 cup
Cumin Seeds 1 tsp
Green Chilies [as per taste]
Ginger 1/2 inch
Onion 1 long thin sliced[optional]
Salt to Taste
Grind every thing together in a grinder. Adjust consistensy by adding little water if it is too thick. It should be of pouring consistensy.Add sliced onion. Serve with kabab, biryanis or tandoori chicken.
- This can also be used as a marinade for paneer or chicken tikka . For that it should be little thick.
- This can also be used as a sandwich spread . Just apply little butter on bread to avoid the soggyness in bread caused by this dip.