This is one of the healthiest option for breakfast , lunch & even for dinner.It is also very good if you are on a weight loss regime as both moong chilka dal & oats are great source of protein & fibre.So these chilas are worth giving a try.Here is the recipe:
- Moong Chilka Dal:1 cup
- Oats: 1/2 cup
- Ginger: 1 inch
- Green Chili: as per taste
- Cimin Seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida : 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable Oil : 1bsp
Soak moong dal for 2-3 hrs. now grind soaked dal in a grinder along with ginger , chili, cumin, asafoetida & salt.Keep the consistency little thin.
Now add oats to it. If u want you can powder oats first then add to it. If you are adding oats directly to it then mix well & keep the batter aside for 15 min. Add some water if the batter is too thick. Stir well. The batter should be of pouring consistency.
Heat a non stick pan or tawa.Sprinkle few drops of vegetable oil. Spread the batter on it in circular motion.Cook from both sides on medium flame for 2-3 min . Serve with your favorite Chutney or sauce.
- The given quantity will make 5-6 chilas.
- The batter should not be very thin else chillas will break while cooking.
Oats due to its availability & multiple use is becoming staple in our households. It not only tastes well but is a powerhouse of nutrients.So if you are not having it you are missing out a tasty way of supplying nutrients to your body. Try this soupy combination of oats & vegetables along with some seeds….& you are good with a stomach full of breakfast…
- Oats 5-6 tbsp
- Green beans Chopped 2tbsp
- Green/Yellow/Red bell peppers chopped 2-3tbsp
- Carrots chopped 2 tbsp
- Cabbage Chopped 2-3 tbsp
- Tomatoes Finally Chopped 2tbsp
- Onion Finally Chopped 2 tbsp
- Green Chili Finally Chopped [as per taste]
- Green Peas 1 tbsp
- Flex Seeds Powder 1 tbsp
- Hemp Seeds Powder 1tbsp
- Chia Seeds 1tbsp
- Pumpkin Seeds 1tbsp
- Melon Seeds 1 tbsp
- Lemon Juice 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper 1/4 tsp
- Fresh Green Coriander 2 tbsp
- In a pan boil about 11/2 glass of water. Once it starts boiling add all veggies tomato onion chili & salt. Cook covered for 6-7 min on medium flame Stir occasionally. If you have burnt too much water in this process add little more .
- Add oats & all the seeds & powders mentioned above. Add lemon juice too. Adjust salt. Mix well . Remember it should have a soup like consistency.Cook for 3 min on medium flame. Garnish with coriander leaves . Serve hot.
- You can add dried mixed herbs for extra flavor
- You can use your combination of vegetables. It also tastes good with carrot,beetroot,tomato & spinach combination.
This is a very healthy & refreshing meal for those who want to do a stomach full breakfast without adding too much calories & without missing any nutrient required to keep our body fit.You can have it daily.
- Buttermilk 1 glass
- Oats 2 tbsp
- Dates Finally Chopped 2
- Apple/Riped Papaya Small Cubes 1 cup
- Chia Seeds 1tsp
- Melon Seeds 1 tsp
- Pumpkin Seeds 1tsp
- Flex Seeds Powder 1 tsp
- Hemp Seeds Powder 1tsp
- Mix everything together in a large bowl & consume immediately.Fruits are sufficiently sweet but still for more sweetness honey can be added.
- You can use your combiation of fruits
- All the seeds mentioned above are available in supermarkets & online.