Roti is an integral part of Indian diet & when it is made of yellow moong dal & gluten free flours like jowar[sorgum] & rice/gram it not only fill your stomach but also don’t add too much calories. Few spices added to it gives flavor as well as eliminates the need of additional sides like sabzi or dal…Enjoy this wonderful spicy roti.
- Yellow Moong Dal 1 cup
- Jowar[Sorgum] Flour 1 1/2 cup
- Rice/Gram Flour 1/2 cup
- Fennel Seed Powder[Moti Sauf] 2tsp
- Ground black pepper 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder [Dhania] 2tsp
- Asafoetida 1/4 tsp
- Cumin Seeds 1/2 tsp
- Green Chili Finally 4-5 [as per taste]
- Ginger About 1 inche long
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable Oil 1tbsp
- Soak moong dal for 4-5 hrs. Then grind it to a smooth paste with ginger ,chili , salt & all other spices mentioned above with a dash of water.
- In a bowl mix jowar flour & rice/gram flour. Add vegetable oil & rub the flour with both hands. To this add some salt & ground dal & knead a soft dough.Keep it to rest for 15 min.
- Now take a lemon size ball & roll it to 6-7 cm diameter . Cook from both sides on hot tawa & then directly on flame.
- Serve hot with chutney & buttermilk. You can also apply ghee on this roti.
- Cook roti on medium flame because you are using raw dal
- Eggeaterians can have this with poach egg.